Today, I’m featuring an engagement card made from the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper and a gift bag. I wanted to show how to use some of this beautiful paper, especially the sheet with the frames. This pack of paper includes 12 sheets of double sided beautiful paper. Today, I used the paper with the frames. As shown below ⬇. I’m showing you both sides of the paper. You can see where I cut out the frame that I used on the front of this card and just added a greeting in Petal Pink Classic Ink from the Petal Palette Stamp Set.
One side of this paper has frames, wreaths and borders, and the other side is a Smoky Slate color wash, so you can use either side for your projects. I chose one of the frames and stamped the greeting with Petal Pink Classic Ink and added 3 small petal pink pearls from the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
I also cut one edge of the border flowers for the inside of the card as shown below ⬇. The sentiment is also from the Petal Palette Stamp Set stamped in Petal Pink Classic Ink.
I used Mossy Meadow for the base and Petal Pink for the layer. On the front I also used the Subtles Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on the petal pink layer.
In addition to the card, I made a matching gift bag from 2 other sheets of paper from the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper.
The gift bag was made with 2 pieces of designer series paper from the same pack “Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper”. I saw this style gift bag from Amanda Fowler a demonstrator in the UK, and took her directions and made this bag to match the card. I think this makes a lovely Engagement card and gift bag. Don’t you agree?
I used the 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon and colored it with my Petal Pink Stampin’ Write Marker. You could also use the Light Petal Pink Stamping’ Blends but I preferred the Stampin’ Write Marker. The tag on the bag is also from one of the sheets of paper, and I also colored the veryvanilla twine with the same Stampin’ Write Marker. I really need to learn how to do You Tube videos so I could show you how to make this bag. There are other size bags you can make, but this one takes 2 full sheets of 12 x 12 paper.
I love this designer series paper and I think the card and gift bag are absolutely gorgeous. Let me know what you think of them.
Card Measurements and Instructions:
- Mossy Meadow – 4 1/4′ x 5 1/2″
- Layer – Petal Pink – 4″ x 5 1/4″ Emboss with the Subtles Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Attach to the card base with Snail or Multipurpose Adhesive Glue
- Fussy cut around the frame from the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper and stamp the greeting with Petal Pink Classic Ink Pad.
- Adhere to the Petal Pink embossed layer with Stamping’ Dimensionals
- Add 3 petal pink pearls from the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
- Layer – Petal Pink – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut the flower boarder from the same sheet of paper and trim it to be 1 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to the petal pink layer on the left side with Multipurpose Adhesive Glue
- Stamp the sentiments from the Petal Palette Stamp Set in Petal Pink Classic Ink. Adhere to the Mossy Meadow base.
Gift Bag Measurements and Instructions:
- 2 sheets of 12 x 12 designer series paper
- Place one piece of 12 x 12 Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper on to the Simply Scored ScoringTool and make sure it is firmly in the corner and resists nicely across the top.
- Score 3″ on 3 sides by turning the paper counterclockwise after each score
- Turn the paper counterclockwise making sure the paper is firmly in the corner again, and the second edge of the 12 x 12 paper is at the top and score again at 3″
- Repeat this step again for the 3rd side.
- Rotate again counterclockwise but this time score at 1 1/2″. This will be the part that will fold over so you will get to see both sides of the designer series paper.
- Burnish all your creases with the bone folder.
- Cut off the two small square pieces on one sheet of paper. Set these aside for your tag.
- On the other sheet, only cut the horizontal line to the first vertical score line
I’m going to show you some pictures of a sample that I did with s solid piece of cardstock.
|Turn counterclockwise and score again at 3″. Turn it counterclowise to side #3 and score again at 3″.|
|On side #4, score it at 1 1/2″|
|Burnish all the score lines and fold the 1 1/2″ piece to face the front of the bag. Do this with both pieces.|
|This is what your paper will look like when you cut off the two corners on one piece of paper and cut on the horizontal line to the first score line on the second piece of paper|
|Add liquid glue or any strong adhesive to the center flap where you cut the two corners off.|
|Adhere the center flap to the center piece of the other sheet of paper|
|Add adhesive to the two end flaps |
|Bring the two flaps with adhesive on them and adhere to the two sides (insides) of the bag|
|Add adhesive to the two end flaps and bring them up on the outside of the bag to close. Make sure all the creases meet.|
|Your bag is complete. Use the 1/8″ circle punch and punch two holes in the front and 2 in the back|
|Cut about 16″ of ribbon and feed it through the holes and tie a knot|
|Here are the two pieces that you cut off from the two corners. These will be your tag|
|Use the 1/8″ circlepunch and punch a hole through both pieces so that you can feed a piece of twine through it to tie on the ribbon handle|
Your bag is complete with ribbon an tag. The finished bag measures 6″ x 7 1/2″ x 3″
I hope you like the gift bag and card I made with the Petal Promenade Specialty Designer Series Paper. You can purchase all the supplies used to make the card and gift bag by clicking on the product images below ⬇. THANK YOU for your continues support and business. It is greatly appreciated!
My July Customer Appreciation is “Summertime Fun” created by my teammate Holly. All orders of $30.00 or more before tax and shipping placed in my online store with Hostess Code DUSA62PP will qualify for Frenchie’s Design team PDF.
This month the PDF includes 6 cards alone with all the measurements, instructions and supply lists. It also features some of the new colors.
You MUST enter the Hostess Code DUSA62PP to receive the PDF. I will send you the PDF via email within 24 hours of your order. If your order is over $150, DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards, and I will still send you the PDF.
Please share my blog www.paperandinkcreations.com with your friends and tell them to sign up, so they can also receive my posts. Please note, there are two sign up sheets.
One is for my blog where I post samples of cards 3 – 4 times per week. The other sign up sheet is for my email newsletter which I haven’t started yet, but hope to within the next few weeks. The email newsletter will only be sent out once per week with updates and promotional alerts as they become available from Stampin’ Up!
THANK YOU for your continued support and business. It is very much appreciated.
Click Here to shop with me 24/7 from anywhere in the United States.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Two days left to BUY 3 GET 1 FREE – Designer Series Paper , and TWO DAYS left to join my team and get $125 worth of products of your choice and more for $99 plus 10 ink pads from anyone of the Color Collection (value of $67/50). That’s a total of $192.50 for just $99.
Contact me by email at [email protected] or phone at 978-609-1490, if you have questions or would like to discuss these opportunities in further detail, but HURRY because these offers expire on July 31, 2018.
Sorry this post was so long but there was a lot to talk about.
Thank you for stopping by and…
Be Creative Everyday!