Here is card #3 from my Christmas in July class. Isn’t this pretty? I love the Swirly Snowflake Thinlits Dies that I used to cut out the decorative edge on the card base and the white snowflakes. The greeting and the sentiment inside are from the Snowflake Sentiments Stamp Set. This stamp set and dies make pretty cards.
The card base is the new Shaded Spruce cardstock and the patterned paper is from the Under The Mistletoe Designer Series Paper (DSP) which is included with the Buy 3 GET 1 FREE of select designer series paper. (I will list the selection at the end of this post)
The greeting was stamped with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder. It was cut out with the Pretty Label Punch as were the gold foil labels.
- Take the eyelit scalloped thinlit from the die set, and put it just below the edge of the card front on the right side and run it through the big shot. Use the die brush to get all the cardstock out of the eyelit holes. If they don’t come out, use your piercing tool to poke them through.
- Take the snowflake thinlit and put it just under the edge of the 2 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ piece of whisper white paper. Check the edges of the snowflakes to make sure they fit perfectly on both ends and on the top edge, and run it through the big shot. You should have a 1/2″ border on the left side of the 5 1/2″ paper. Use the big shot brush to get all the small pieces out of the snowflakes.
- If all the pieces of excess paper do not come out easily, use your piercing tool to pop those babies out.
- Adhere the white snowflakes to the card base by using the multipurpose glue. (you can also use the adhesive sheets to cut out the snowflake dies but I found it easier to adjust it on the card with the multipurpose glue). The adhesive is your choice.
- Now adhere the designer series paper to the edge of the left side of the card front. You may have to overlap it a bit onto the white paper but that little bit won’t make a difference in the finished piece.
- Rub your embossing buddy on the whisper white cardstock for the label and stamp the greeting with Versamark Ink.
- Sprinkle the greeting with gold embossing powder and heat set it until the powder melts.
- Punch out the embossed greeting and gold foil paper with the Pretty Label Punch.
- Cut the gold foil label in half and attach to the white label with multipurpose glue
- Use dimensionals to adhere to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment and the little swirls in Shaded Spruce Classic Ink onto the 4″ x 5 1/4″ whisper white layer and adhere to the inside of the card.