Here is a sneak peek of another new bundle that will be in the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. I’ve beenn playing around with this new fold that I saw and made this beautiful card with the Free As A Bird Bundle. It may look difficult to make but its actually pretty easy and a fun card. Rachel Tessman made a beautiful card with this fold that she learned from a video that a fellow demonstrator Verla Carpenter had on YouTube and I learned it from Rachel Tessman.
I chose to use the Free As A Bird Stamp Set, Bird Ballard Designer Series Paper and the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. These products will not be available for purchase until June 4th which is just a couple of weeks away. This is a beautiful bundle with lovely images and sentiments in the stamp set, along with the multi-size Stitched Nested Labels Dies (which I will be using in many projects),and the beautiful designer series paper.
After I stamped the image with tuxedo memento black ink, I colored the entire image with my stampin’ blends, and jazzed it up a bit with the clear Wink Of Stella. There are no dies that coordinate with this stamp set, so, I had to do some fussy cutting, and I’m not a fan of fussy cutting. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but with this image, I had no choice. There was no other way to cut it out. The most important thing to remember when fussy cutting is to have a sharp pair of scissors like our paper snips and rather than moving your scissors around the image, move the paper and that’s how you get a nice clean cut image. I envy people that like to fussy cut. It’s just no my thing, but when it needs to be done, I will do it.
- Whisper White Card Base – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Bird Ballard Designer Series Paper Layer – 4″ x 5″
- Whisper White – 3″ x 4 1/2″ to stamp the image
- Pool Party Layer – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Top layer of your card base – lay it flat and on the bottom of the 5 1/4″ side take a pencil and put a mark at 2 3/4″
- Measuring up from the bottom on each side, put a mark at 2 1/8″
- Place the bottom 2 3/4″ mark in your cutting track of your trimmer and do the same with the right top corner of your card base and score it diagonally., Make the same diagonal on the left side
- Again place the bottom 2 3/4″ mark in your cutting track of your trimmer but this time score diagonally up to the 2 1/8″ pencil mark. Do the same on both sides
- When that’s done turn your card over and fold in the two larger score lines and then fold out the two smaller score lines
- Be sure to crease all your score lines very well with your bone folder
- With multiple liquid glue secure the two larger folds down so they don’t keep opening. Be careful when glueing down the smaller flaps. You only need a small portion of the flap glued down. You don’t need a lot of glue to hold it secure. Use a light coat of glue
- Take your designer series paper and at the bottom of the 5″ side, make a pencil mark at 2 1/2″. Make sure you check the pattern on the paper before making your pencil mark. You want it to be going in the right direction when you adhere it to your card base.
- With the pencil mark that you just made, line it up in the cutting track of your trimmer and place the top right corner in the cutting track as well and make a diagonal cut. Do the same with on the opposite top corner.
- Flip all 3 pieces of your designer series paper over and hold in place and run your snail adhesive across the bottom and sides. It’s done this way so that you get all the corners. Pull them apart but keep them in order and add adhesive to the diagonal sides of the paper.
- Adhere the larger triangle in the middle first.
- With the card shut, slip in the two side triangle pieces making sure you have the same margin on both sides and the bottom.
- Adhere your stitched nested label die flat and pop up the image layer with stampin’ dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment inside and your done.
I had fun making this card and sorry for long list of instructions, but I wanted to give you as much information as I possible to help you make this fun fold. At some point, I’ll learn how to do videos but right now, all I can do is give you the instructions. I hope you’ll give it a try. I’m please at how this card turned out and I hope you like it too. Feel free to leave me a comment below in the comment section. I would love to hear from you.
Sorry this is so long, but I had a lot of information to share with you. Thank you for your patience reading this.
You can purchase the products used to make this project by clicking the images below ↓ with the exception of the new items that will be released on June 4th. Those images will be inactive.
A new month and a new Customer Appreciation and this month, it is all about Weddings and Babies. My teammate Holly is the designer for the project this month, and she showcased the Bloom & Grow Bundle, Animal Outing Bundle and Fable Friends stamp set. The PDF includes all the instructions and supplies needed to create 6 cards and a cute gift bag.
All orders of $40.00 or more BEFORE tax and shipping placed in my online store with Hostess Code UGPWF2S3 will qualify to receive the PDF and, I will send it to you within 48 hours of your order. If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT use the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards AND, I will still send you the PDF. You must enter the Hostess Code UGPWF2S3 to qualify and receive the PDF.
THANK YOU for your continued support and business. It is greatly appreciated.
Click here to shop with me 24/7 from anywhere in the United States.
Thank you for stopping by and ...
Be Creative Everyday!