How about a fun fold diagonal card made with the beautiful soon to be retired Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). The stamp set I used is called Colorful Seasons and is an all time favorite that will be carrying over into the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. This set has so many possibilities because of the variety of stamps (24). It has coordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies which I didn’t use on this card but have in my collection and have used on other cards.
I very lightly sponged around the greeting with Mint Macaron ink and attached it to the Mint Macaron scalloped circle with multipurpose liquid glue. The branch at the bottom corner of the inside layer is from the Love What You Do stamp set, and colored the buds with the Rich Razzleberry stampin’ write marker.
This fold may look a little difficult to do but actually it’s very easy and you still get 2 cards out of one piece of cardstock. This is one of the fun fold cards we made in my card class this past weekend and everyone loved it. As I said, it may look difficult but its very easy and fun to make.
Measurements and Instructions:
- Mint Macaron Card Base – 8 1/2″ x 11″ – score at 4 1/4″ turn the paper landscape and score at 5 1/2″. DO NOT CUT
- With the paper in the portrait position, line up one of the top corners (the point) in the track of your trimmer and do the same with the opposite corner on the bottom and make the diagonal cut. Now you have 2 card bases. Fold on the score lines. You will need to flip the paper over on one of your card bases so that the DSP will fit on each triangle.
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper Layer – 4″ x 5 1/4″ and cut it from one of the top corners to the opposite corner on the bottom.
- IMPORTANT: When cutting the designer series paper, you will either cut the diagonal from top left to bottom right or top right to bottom left depending on how your card folds and which piece of the diagonal cut card base you’re using. Remember, you’re going to get two card bases from one piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper so depending on how you cut the DSP will determine which card base you use.
- Basic Black Strips – 1″ x 8″ (cut 2) and place over each edge of the folded diagonal cut; turn it over and trim off the excess that overlaps the card. Do the same on both diagonal cuts. Turn the card over and again cut from the back of the card. This is the best way to see the excess that needs to be cut and it will be a much cleaner cut. The top black strip should cover the bottom black strip as shown above.
- Whisper White for the Solid Circle – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Mint Macaron for Scallop Circle – 3″ x 3″
- Whisper White Inside Layer – 4″ x 5 1/4″
I had fun making this card as did the ladies that attending my fun fold card class this past weekend. This is just one of the fun fold cards we made. They said it was a nice change from the standard cards, and I agree. Sometimes, you’ve got to step out of your comfort zone and try something new and different. Fun folds are fun to make and some can be challenging, but the results can also be rewarding, so challenge yourself and make some of these cards or any fun fold card. You will see that it’s not difficult at all. I hope you will give it a try. Scroll to the end of this page and leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
You can purchase all of the supplies used to make this project by clicking on the product images below ↓ . Thank YOU for your support and business. It is greatly appreciated!
For the month of May, my customer appreciation is all about celebrating the men in your life for birthdays, graduation, Fathers day, whatever the occasion, you will find a card design in this group for that special someone. This months project was designed by my teammate Michele Wright, and she showcased the Best Catch Bundle, Well Said Framelits Dies and Country Livin stamp set. The PDF includes all the instructions to create all 7 projects.
To qualify for the PDF, you need to place an order of $40.00 or more BEFORE tax and shipping in my online store with Hostess Code ZTQ3D3TP, and I will send to you the PDF within 48 hours of your order. If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards. AND, I will still send you the PDF. Remember to enter the Hostess Code ZTQ3D3TP to qualify and receive the PDF.
THANK YOU for your continued support and business. It is greatly appreciated.
Click here to shop with me 24/7 from anywhere in the United States.
Thank you for stopping by and ...
Be Creative Everyday!