With Father’s Day this weekend, I chose to use the stamp set ” A Good Man” to make my husband his father’s day card. He likes to put his chair in the water at the beach and sun himself although, he would have his shirt off and no hat. Ok, enough of that, now let’s get to the card.
- The colors I chose are Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Whisper White. I felt texture was needed so I embossed the balmy blue layer with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. The image was stamped with Tuxedo Memento black ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. I cut it out with the #7 solid oval from the Layering Oval Dies and for the Night of Navy scalloped oval, I used the #7 scalloped oval.
- There are 15 dies in the Layering Oval Die set. Eight solid ovals and 7 scalloped ovals. I put numbers on the back of my dies with a sharpie and #1 is the smallest on each group, so #7 for the solid oval and #7 for the scalloped oval
- It’s Your Day sentiment – use the #1 scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Dies and again these dies are numbered from the smallest to the largest. Add a dimensional to adhere this to the card
- Use the #1 stitched rectangle die and cut out 2 in Night of Navy and them adhere them flat on the balmy blue textured layer. Line them up so they are touching each other
- Relax Your Way sentiment – use the #1 rectangle stitched die to cut it out and with dimensions pop it up in the middle of the two navy stitched rectangles
- The image and sentiments on whisper white cardstock were sponged with Night of Navy ink
- The inside sentiment was also stamped with Night of Navy and is from the Well Said stamp set and the heart is from A Good Man
- Night of Navy – Base – 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Balmy Blue Front & Inside Layers – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White for Image and Sentiments – 2 3/4″ x 6″
- Night of Navy for Scalloped Oval – 3″ x 4″
- Night of Navy scrap for the 2 small narrow stitched rectangles
This is a quick and easy card to make for Father’s Day or even a birthday, and there’s plenty of room to write a message to your favorite guy. I hope you like it enough to make one for your favorite guy too!
You can purchase the products used to create this project by clicking the product images below ↓ . For all other products, click here to be taken to my online store and while there be sure to check out the clearance rack too!
Thank you for your continued support and business. It is truly appreciated! 🙂
July Customer Appreciation
A new month and a new Customer Appreciation and this month, its all occasion cards for both male and female. The designer for this project is Glenda Calkins, and she showcased two bundles: Sailing Home and Bloom & Grow. There is a PDF that includes all the instructions and supplies needed to create all 7 cards.
All orders of $40.00 or more BEFORE tax and shipping placed in my online store with Hostess Code SERPJWQH will qualify to receive the PDF that I will send to you within 48 hours of your order. If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT use the hostess code so you will get all of the stamping rewards, and I will still send you the PDF. However, you must enter the Hostess Code SERPJWQH to quality and receive the PDF. Click here to shop with me 24/7 from anywhere in the United States.
Thank you for stopping by and until the next time...Happy Crafting!